How to ready your home and yourself for the cold winter ahead
Are you ready for the cold snap?
With the winter season in full swing, it’s important to make sure you and your home are prepared for the colder temperatures. Here are a few tips to help you get ready for the cold snap:
- Check your heating system: As the cold weather hits, make sure your heating system is in good working order. This means getting your furnace or boiler serviced, checking for any drafts or leaks in your home, and ensuring that your thermostat is functioning properly.
- Stock up on winter essentials: Now is the time to stock up on winter essentials like warm blankets, hats, gloves, and scarves. It’s also a good idea to have a stash of non-perishable foods and bottled water in case of a power outage.
- Insulate your home: Proper insulation is key to keeping your home warm and energy-efficient during the colder months. Make sure your windows and doors are properly sealed and consider adding insulation to your attic or walls to keep the heat in.
- Protect your pipes: Cold temperatures can cause pipes to freeze, which can lead to costly repairs. To prevent this from happening, make sure to insulate any exposed pipes and let your faucets drip slightly during extremely cold weather.
- And one for you! Stay active: While it may be tempting to curl up on the couch and hibernate, it’s important to stay active during the winter months. Going for a walk or participating in some indoor exercise can help boost your mood and keep you healthy.
From all of us here at Bōde, we hope you are enjoying a warm and cozy winter season. Just remember to bundle up and stay warm!